Every day, more than 2,000 local children are living in protective care because it isn’t safe for them at home.
Court Appointed Special Advocate® (CASA) volunteers advocate on behalf of our children who have experienced abuse, neglect, or dependency.
The children benefit from the time, skill, objectivity, and concern of the CASA for each child’s welfare. Appreciated by judicial, legal, and social service communities, CASA volunteers work to change lives one child at a time.
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Cuyahoga County provides qualified, trained, and supervised community volunteers to advocate for the best interests of children at risk for abuse, neglect, and dependency who are involved with the Juvenile Court, in collaboration with key agencies and significant individuals in their lives.
The Volunteer Coordinator assumes responsibility for supervision, case management, training, and coordination of up to 30 Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers to ensure that children of assigned cases in the Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court receive quality advocacy in the Court.
• A bachelor’s degree in a social service-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to communicate with, supervise, and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles; previous experience with volunteers preferred
• Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities and diverse populations
• Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect
• Knowledge of court proceedings and operations
• Commitment to Child and Family Advocates of Cuyahoga County’s goals and mission
Please mail or email a resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications, and interest in the position in confidence to:
Child and Family Advocates of Cuyahoga County
Attn: Executive Director
12200 Fairhill Rd. Ste. E193
Cleveland, Ohio 44120
Email: [email protected]